Episode 16: The Second C - Capability - and Optimism Bias
Want to find out if you’re a Red Team Thinker? Want to see if your organization has a Red Team Culture? Click here to take your free assessment and get your personalized report: https://www.redteamthinking.com/rttassessment
Welcome to another episode of The Thinking Leader podcast, brought to you by Red Team Thinking. Bad leaders react, good leaders plan, and great leaders think. Each week, Bryce and Marcus bring you actionable ideas and insights that you can use to think more strategically and lead more effectively so that you can better navigate your complex world.
This week Bryce and Marcus take a deep dive into the second of the three C’s that make up Red Team Thinking: Capability. They discuss:
- The essential nature of applied critical thinking skills in today's complex world.
- How to enable distributed decision making and mission command.
- How to encourage diversity of thought and ensure that the best ideas win, regardless of where they come from within the organization.
Mentioned in this episode:
- World Economic Forum 2020 Future of Jobs survey: https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-future-of-jobs-report-2020
- Dr. Daniel Kahneman: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Kahneman
- System 1 and System 2 thinking: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5344059/
- Agile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development
- NATO: https://www.nato.int
- The Wright Brothers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers
- “A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.” ~ William James: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_James
Connect with Bryce: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brycehoffman/
Connect with Marcus: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcusdimbleby/
Watch this episode on YouTube: https://www.red-team.tv
Listen to previous episodes of The Thinking Leader podcast: https://redteamthinking.com/podcasts/the-thinking-leader
Visit our website: https://redteamthinking.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/redteamthinking/